Friday, May 11, 2012

Chibi Gamzee Makara amigurumi

I haven't posted in months, so I've got to make up for it while I'm able to. lol

A friend of mine requested a plushie from me a long time ago...he showed me pictures, and I honestly had no idea what in the world this guy was supposed to be. I'd never heard of Gamzee, but evidently, my friend and his lady are crazy about the webcomic he's from (turns out, so are a few of my friends). After putting it off for months, I was lucky enough to get it done a few days before their anniversary...but unfortunately, his lady didn't get until after it had already passed. :P Curse you, international shipping. At least she loved it. :)

I had to create my own pattern...I wanted to add some kind of cute flair to him, so I thought a chibi form might be nice. He turned out great. ^-^


Before I sewed his horns on...this is how tall they were. 

After his fluffy ass hair. :P It took me HOURS to finish. 

Side view 

Hair pulled back

It didn't take too long once I committed to it...that's how it always is, though, isn't it? >.<
<3

3 comments:

  1. What pattern did you create to make the horns? I'm positive I could find a similar design for the doll, but the horns seem more difficult since they are curvaceous. And with your permission I'd like to attempt to recreate the doll for my crush, who is a huge Gamzee fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, go for it. :D Actually, for the horns, I just winged it...it's been a while, so I can't really remember exactly what I did...but if I had to guess, I'd say I started out with maybe four or five stitches in a "magic ring", doubled up in the next row, and just kept that same number of stitches for the length of the horns. What I did to make them curve is actually a lot simpler than putting it into the pattern itself...I just had extra thread left over from the magic ring, which was inside the horn, and I pulled it tight and tied it down to keep it taut. The horns curved on their own, and they turned out perfect. ^-^

      Delete
    2. Thank you, ma'am! I will attempt the doll as soon as I gain the yarn needed. Thank you for the help, and may I say that the doll you created is unbelievably beautiful.

      Delete